I love taking photos, but I don’t have one of those crazy expensive cameras like a lot of travel writers. So when I got invited to go on a safari in east Africa by Micato Tours, I knew I had to get a zoom lens. After all, you can’t go to Africa and not take decent pictures of the wild animals, right?
Instead of shelling out a ridiculous amount of money to buy a zoom lens that I’m rarely ever going to use, a few of my colleagues in the industry suggested I rent one for a fraction of the price from BorrowLenses. The BorrowLenses guys rent professional cameras and/or camera lenses from Canon, Nikon and Sony for a reasonable price. No deposit is required, advanced reservations are accepted, optional insurance is offered and the best part is you can do everything by mail (FedEx). Unfortunately, I was leaving for Africa from Toronto, and BorrowLenses don’t ship to Canada—so in the end, I had to go with an inferior Canadian company (which didn’t even have the lens I wanted, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR; BorrowLenses was renting it for the week for $123.00). For next time, BorrowLenses offers rentals from 3 days up to 4 weeks. And of course, they sell the lenses too.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.