Frequent fliers and business travelers will love this! It’s a website that alerts passengers three days in advance what the chances are of a weather-related delay. KnowDelay.com is a brand new site created by former pilot Geoff Murray that factors in meteorology and years of on-time performance data to get a better understanding of how individual airports handle bad weather. Murray told NBC News that bad weather accounts for almost half of the 20 percent of flights that experience delays in the U.S. and his system has a map with three colored dots: red, yellow and green. Red means there’s a 60 percent chance of a 30-minute weather-delay, yellow, a 40 percent chance of a 30-minute delay and green means there’s less than a 6 percent chance of delay. The website has been beta testing for two years and it supposedly has accurately predicted 90 percent of weather-related delays. It covers 37 U.S. airports and business travelers will appreciate it the most since they can usually change their plane tickets at the last minute a lot easier and for less money than leisure travelers. However, it could help all travelers to plan better and come up with a backup plan or at least kick start them to get hotel reservations at any layover airport.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.