To get to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) from my house costs at least $50 roundtrip by taxi. When I only go away for a few nights or less I usually drive and park at the airport since it saves me time and money (taxi lines can be slow!)
I used to always park at ParkOne since it’s the closest private lot to the airport – from there, you can walk to Terminals 1 and 2 in under five minutes. But my travel agent (who I use for international premium tickets) turned me on to LAX Parking Curb Express. During his glowing review I decided to give them a whirl myself and quickly made a reservation using their website (http://LAXParkingCurbExpress.com). All I had to do was input my name, flight info and arrival time, and print it.
I traveled anonymously to make sure I was getting the real deal. Their building is located at 9800 South Sepulveda Blvd (just a few blocks from LAX) which is where one of their drivers was waiting for me when I pulled up. He jumped in the passenger side and showed me a short cut so we were there in less than five minutes. Along the way he told me if I was paying by credit card he needed to take down the number otherwise I could pay cash when I returned. I used my Visa and signed the receipt just after pulling up to the curb of Terminal 3 (I was flying Alaska Airlines).
Two days later when landed I called them as soon as I got off the plane since I wasn’t checking a bag and told them where to meet me (departure levels of Terminal 7, as I was flying United). Sure enough, the moment I stepped outside there was my car. The driver popped the trunk, handed me a receipt (I didn’t have to sign anything), I gave him a tip and we were both off in separate directions. The bill for my 50-hour trip was $41.69 ($14.95 for 24 hours + $4 each hour + $3.79 in tax).
Seriously, it could not have been any easier and if I parked at ParkOne they would’ve charged me more since I went over the 24-hour mark and they don’t give an hourly rate. Two HUGE thumbs up for LAX Parking Curb Express.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.