To get to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) from my house costs at least $50 roundtrip by taxi. When I only go away for a few nights or less I usually drive and park at the airport since it saves me time and money (taxi lines can be slow!)
I used to always park at ParkOne since it’s the closest private lot to the airport – from there, you can walk to Terminals 1 and 2 in under five minutes. But my travel agent (who I use for international premium tickets) turned me on to LAX Parking Curb Express. During his glowing review I decided to give them a whirl myself and quickly made a reservation using their website (http://LAXParkingCurbExpress.com). All I had to do was input my name, flight info and arrival time, and print it.
I traveled anonymously to make sure I was getting the real deal. Their building is located at 9800 South Sepulveda Blvd (just a few blocks from LAX) which is where one of their drivers was waiting for me when I pulled up. He jumped in the passenger side and showed me a short cut so we were there in less than five minutes. Along the way he told me if I was paying by credit card he needed to take down the number otherwise I could pay cash when I returned. I used my Visa and signed the receipt just after pulling up to the curb of Terminal 3 (I was flying Alaska Airlines).
Two days later when landed I called them as soon as I got off the plane since I wasn’t checking a bag and told them where to meet me (departure levels of Terminal 7, as I was flying United). Sure enough, the moment I stepped outside there was my car. The driver popped the trunk, handed me a receipt (I didn’t have to sign anything), I gave him a tip and we were both off in separate directions. The bill for my 50-hour trip was $41.69 ($14.95 for 24 hours + $4 each hour + $3.79 in tax).
Seriously, it could not have been any easier and if I parked at ParkOne they would’ve charged me more since I went over the 24-hour mark and they don’t give an hourly rate. Two HUGE thumbs up for LAX Parking Curb Express.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.