Here’s a brilliant, simple service that some travelers (especially families) will find super useful. PassportAlert.com provides users with free alerts, either by e-mail or text message, well in advance (16 months) of their passport expiring. You can stop the alerts any time, either through the website or by replying to the text message alerts. I spoke to one of their employees via e-mail and he informed me they don’t sell contact info and they don’t make money on it either. They run CarComplaints.com and that generates enough income through advertising to pay for sending the text messages. They cost them one cent each while the e-mail alerts are free.
Passport Tip: It’s important to know that many countries require up to SIX MONTHS remaining on your passport before entering their country.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.