On Saturday, I was on Leo Laporte’s show The Tech Guy, as I am every week at 3:30pm ET. One of the stories I mentioned was hotel secrets from a front desk clerk who just wrote a book. Here’s the link to his 10 tips. But one of those tips is to slip $20 to the front desk clerk at check-in to get a better room. One of Leo’s listeners reminded me that there’s also an old website devoted to using the $20 trick successfully for Las Vegas hotels called TheTwentyDollarTrick.com. Even though that website hasn’t been updated for years, it still works – followers on my Twitter (@JohnnyJet) confirmed it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.