If you’re an aviation geek (AvGeek) like me or you just want to know what plane just buzzed over your house, you need to check out WebTrak.
The site will prompt, “You haven’t chosen any site. Do you want WebTrak to find the nearest airports?” You then choose one of their 78 airports in 13 countries (they’re listed below)—including 28 U.S airports that range in size from small private airports like Boca Raton to mega airports like LAX—and voila! A dynamic map of that airport’s/area’s air traffic will pop up. The dashboard includes, in addition to the planes moving around, the weather and any messages, which include news (like if an airport like LAX is experiencing construction). For example, there’s a message on the LAX map in there now that reads “LAX will temporarily deviate from Over-Ocean Operations on October 30 – November 2 from 12 AM to 6:30 AM due to runway closure for extended maintenance. As a result, residents may notice a change in aircraft flight activity and noise. Click here for details.”
With each WebTrak map, you can track current and past flights. The default is current flights. You’ll see them on a Google Map with which you can zoom in and out and hover over or click on planes to get more info—like flight ID, aircraft type, origin and destination airports, and altitude. At the bottom-left, you’ll see a calendar with which you can see past (“Historical”) flights (I believe it only lets you go back two months). It’s pretty cool!
Here’s a full list of airports included, by country:
- Adelaide International Airport
- Brisbane International Airport
- Cairns International Airport
- Canberra Airport
- Coolangatta Airport
- Melbourne International Airport
- Perth International Airport
- Sunshine Coast Airport
- Sydney International Airport
- Brussels Airport
- Toronto City Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Copenhagen Airport
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
- Keflavik International Airport
- Dublin Airport
- Cape Town International Airport
- King Shaka International Airport
- O.R Tambo International Airport
- Aeropuerto de Alicante
- Aeropuerto de Bilbao
- Aeropuerto de Málaga
- Barcelona Airport
- Madrid Airport
- Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Valencia International Airport
- Angelholm Airport
- Are Ostersund Airport
- Gothenburg-Landvetter Airport
- Jonkoping Airport
- Karlstad Airport
- Kiruna Airport
- Lulea Airport
- Malmo-Sturup Airport
- Ronneby Airport
- Skelleftea Airport
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Sundsvall/Harnosand Airport
- Umea Airport
- Visby Airport
- Eindhoven Airport
- Bournemouth International Airport
- East Midlands Airport
- Heathrow Airport
- London Biggin Hill Airport
- Manchester International Airport
- Southampton Airport
- Stansted Airport
- Bob Hope Airport
- Boca Raton Airport
- Centennial Airport
- Chicago Department of Aviation
- Denver International Airport
- FAA – LA Basin
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Honolulu International Airport
- Long Beach International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- McClellan-Palomar Airport
- Oakland International Airport
- Ontario International Airport
- Port Columbus International Airport
- Portland International Airport
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Sacramento International Airport
- San Francisco Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- San Jose International Airport
- Santa Monica Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Torrance Municipal Airport – Zamperini Field
- Van Nuys Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Westchester County Airport
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.