Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Jeff, who shares an important note for anyone using a weekly or monthly Navigo pass to ride the Métro in Paris:
“HEADS UP! You need to put a picture on your [Navigo Découverte] weekly card. When purchasing, they give you no notice. I bought my new card in the morning at a station with NO way to take a picture, went to our local office all day, then on the ride home to the hotel, getting off ‘enforcement’ stopped me and told me I was in violation of the standard as I didn’t have a picture on my card. My weekly card, I needed to buy a passport photo and put it on, I guess. I checked at the location where I bought the Navigo [Découverte] and there is no way to get a photo. So by using it once, I was in violation the SAME DAY as I bought it. 35 EUR for my violation on a card I only paid 22 EUR to get. I was so upset. They were so rude. Acted like they were going to rough me up.”
You don’t need a photo to use the short-term Navigo Easy pass, written up here. But for a longer stay in Paris you should make sure you have a passport-sized photo before buying a Navigo Découverte weekly or monthly Métro pass. See more in this post, which says many Métro stations have photo booths available. Thanks, Jeff!
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,491!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.