This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a cash back credit card with high rewards, you’ll have another option in July 2021. The Wells Fargo Active Cash℠ Card will offer 2% cash back and a nice cash signup bonus. Plus, it’s also one of the first new cards the bank is launching.
The information for The Wells Fargo Active Cash℠ Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Wells Fargo Active Cash Features
The Wells Fargo Active Cash℠ Card is one of the best options for a flat-rate cash back credit card.
Here are the card’s key benefits:
- Earn unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases
- $0 annual fee
- Free cell phone protection
- Access to Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection
The 2% cash back rate is one of the highest for similar cash back cards. Many fixed-rate cards award up to 1.5% back.
There isn’t an annual fee but there is a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
Cash Redemption Options
There are several ways to redeem the purchase rewards:
- Cash statement credits
- Wells Fargo ATM withdrawals using a debit card or ATM card (in $20 increments)
- Direct deposit into a Wells Fargo savings or checking account
- Apply towards recent card purchases
This will likely be one of the best Wells Fargo credit cards.
Cell Phone Protection
Like some of Wells Fargo’s other credit cards, the Active Cash Card offers complimentary cell phone protection benefits. You can qualify by paying your monthly cell phone bill with this card.
Protection benefits include up to $600 in coverage per claim after a $25 deductible. Cardholders can make up to two claims per year.
There are also security features that come with the Active Cash Card, like voice verification and extra security when digitally signing onto your account.
$200 Signup Bonus
Applicants can earn a $200 cash rewards bonus by making at least $1,000 in purchases during the first 3 months. These bonus cash rewards will show as redeemable within 1 – 2 billing periods after they are earned.
Visa Signature Benefits
This is the first of the revamped Wells Fargo Visa credit card suite and is a Visa Signature product. Additional Visa Signature cards from Wells Fargo are launching in 2021 and 2022.
One travel benefit is access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection that lets guests enjoy premium perks like complimentary breakfast and on-site food and beverage credits.
If you want an improved cash rewards credit card, The Wells Fargo Active Cash℠ Card makes it easy to earn and redeem rewards. The $200 cash signup bonus, cellphone protection, and no annual fee are nice perks too. But, if you want a bit more out of your card, consider some of the best rewards credit cards instead.
- Wells Fargo Propel Card Review: Bonus, No Annual Fee, and More
- Are You Getting Amex Cell Phone Insurance?
- The Best Credit Card to Pay for Netflix and Streaming Services
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.