My wife is always laughing at me because I’m not the most stylish dresser. And things only seem to get worse when we’re traveling. The problem is that I’m a carry-on only guy and don’t have room to fill my bag with fancy clothes. However, one of my 2016 resolutions is to be a better dresser while on the road and with Valentine’s Day coming up, here’s my chance to impress her. Here are six items to wear for a romantic dinner on the road from our partner TravelSmith.com. These items will allow any man to impress his wife and not compromise his preference for carry-on comfort.
1. Reversible Travel Blazer
One of the biggest problems with traveling with carry-on only is bringing along multiple dinner jackets. Your problem will be solved with this reversible blazer that adds structured sophistication for the occasional romantic dinner. You can easily switch the look from solid to finely checkered. Both are made from lightweight nylon fabrics that not only look great but shake off wrinkles. Even better, the solid side performs like a technical water-repellent shell. You don’t even need to take it to the dry cleaners since it’s machine washable ($249).
2. Tropical Microfiber Pleated ComfortSizer™ Pants
I hate to iron so my clothes are usually wrinkly but with these Tropical Microfiber Pleated ComfortSizer Pants they’re virtually wrinkleproof. The trousers will keep that crisp appearance for a solid week (or more) of travel. You can extend their travel-worthiness even longer because they are machine washable and have a Durapel finish so it resists spills and stains. Travelers will also love the zip security pocket inside one front pocket to hold valuables. There are two back flap pockets, one with a zip under the flap to deter pickpockets. No worries if you eat too much during that fancy and romantic Valentine’s dinner, since the ComfortSizer waistband automatically adjusts whenever you need a bit more room around your midsection. Don’t worry, my hand is up, too. ($99)
3. TravelSmith Uber-Utility Chambray Shirt
You can’t go on a romantic date without a good looking shirt. What makes this even more attractive is that it’s quick-drying and has been treated with Scotchguard so it’s stain-resistant. There are two hidden, mesh-lined zip Napoleon pockets; two button-flap chest pockets and it’s made with cotton and poly. This too is machine washable. ($89)4. Hush Puppies® Herbie Roadside Shoes
I have flat feet so it’s difficult for me to find comfortable shoes to walk in and I don’t have room in my carry-on to add an extra pair of shoes as I wear size 13. To avoid carrying another pair, get the Hush Puppies Herbie Roadside Shoes. The leather uppers and white sidewalls make these shoes perfect for travel. They’re easy to put on and take off and the textured uppers and raw edging give them an already-broken-in vacation look. They come with HPO2Flex footbeds that conform to your feet and offer flexibility and comfort on all types of terrain. They also have EVA insoles, rubber outsoles. ($99)5. Tori Richard Toe-Pography Socks
One of my wife’s favorite destinations is Hawaii so that’s why I would don some toe-pography socks that feature a map of the islands. They’re made by the Tori Richard company and are exceptional quality. These temperature-controlling, moisture-managing socks employ the finest of fabrics for a quality look and feel you’ll recognize the moment you pull them on. ($28.50)
6. Leather Money Belt
Since my wife has fancier taste than I do, I might consider wearing a leather money belt that can hold several folded bills in its hidden 18″L zipper compartment, just in case the restaurant takes cash only. Between the brass-tone buckle and the hidden C-notes, my wife might think I’m 007. ($49)
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.