While You’re in Phoenix…
Staying at the Arizona Biltmore is an ideal jumping point for taking in the sites and tastes of Phoenix. Here are some additional places you may want to check while you’re there:
Piestewa Peak Hike (formerly Squaw Peak)
This is a short 1.2 miles to the top hike, but not for the faint of heart. The morning my group went up we saw two serious injuries due to overly ambitious hikers mis-stepping on the rugged, rocky path. If you’re in good shape and steady on your feet – the panoramic views of Phoenix at the top make the 1,200 foot gain worth every step and the trail is short enough that it won’t eat up your entire day. The Arizona Biltmore has a trail leader that takes groups up and arrangements can be made through the concierge or the hotel’s recreational center.
NoRTH Fattoria ItalianaWhen I hear trattoria my inner skeptic takes over and I assume more of the same old mushy pasta and soggy pizzas so many Italian-themed places offer. This is not what I experienced at NoRTH – which has a creative mix of stock favorites and unique bites. The building used to be a car wash and has been renovated to sleek indoor and outdoor dining with lots of glass that gives an open feeling, yet the ambiance is casual.
Any of the charcuterie and cheese choices is the way to start your meal and I would suggest getting a mix of entrees and sharing family style. Entrees are in the range of $14 – $31 and make sure to check out their specials.
A must-see is the winter home of the famed architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, Taliesan West. An elite architectural school still exists on this property, as does an artistic feast for the eyes.
You don’t have to have an art or architectural background to appreciate the simplicity of form combined with the thoughtful and unique details of the buildings and grounds. The only way to see the property is by guided tour, which is worth the fee as the guides give you an in-depth view of the rich history and detail of this American landmark. They offer several different types of tours ranging from 1 – 4 hours and start at $16 per person (they do have senior and military discounts).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.