Spring Break is approaching, and many (most) Americans with Spring Break plans have their trips booked. So where are they headed?
An analysis of four million-plus trips by our friends at Allianz (with whom I have an annual travel insurance plan) revealed that Orlando, Fl. (domestic) and Cancun (international) are the top Spring Break destinations in 2017. Domestically, Orlando (8.62% of all trips) was followed in popularity by Las Vegas (5.29%), Phoenix (4.38%), and Fort Lauderdale (4.13%). Outside the U.S., Cancun is by far the most popular landing spot, with 16.73% of all surveyed trips booked there. After Cancun, it’s Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (5.27%); San Juan, Puerto Rico (4.84%); and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (4.74%).
The full top-10 lists are below:
Perhaps even more helpful is the data on what dates Americans will be traveling for Spring Break—so, what dates you should plan to see the most congestion at airports. A full 10% of the trips Allianz analyzed (domestic + international) will depart on March 11, 2017. Travelers, take note!
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.