Today, some news that will not surprise you: Americans like New York City and Cancun. In an annual review of Thanksgiving travel plans by Allianz Global Assistance, the two cities once again topped the lists of domestic and international (respectively) destinations that will see U.S. visitors over the Thanksgiving holiday (defined as November 18-28).
Here’s the full list in each category, with results from 2016 and 2015 for context:
Perhaps of more help is the insight into when all 4.5 million Americans (the total surveyed) will be flying to and from these destinations. According to Allianz, most Americans are planning to depart internationally on November 18 and domestically on November 21. Return flights are nearly evenly spread between November 25 and 26. Keep these dates (and this tip) in mind if you’re still booking Thanksgiving flights.
“Thanksgiving can be one of the most stressful times of the year to travel given the high volume of travelers and the potential for delays. It’s important to consider travel insurance anytime you travel, but especially during Thanksgiving,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Given the number of travelers headed out of the country for Thanksgiving, it’s important to remember that travel insurance may provide coverage for medical emergencies and emergency medical transportation.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.