Summer is coming—so where are Americans headed this year?
A survey conducted by our friends at Allianz Global Assistance revealed that some familiar destinations will once again top the list for American travelers this summer. Orlando and Cancun will welcome the most people between May 29 and September 4, coming in at number one among domestic and international spots respectively.
As seen above, Orlando (8.64%) is followed on the domestic list by Las Vegas (4.74%), Honolulu (4.37%), Los Angeles (3.65%), and Seattle (3.37%). On the international side, Cancun leads the way by a large margin—and in fact eight of the top ten spots are located in Mexico or the Caribbean. London and Paris, ever the draws for Americans (even amid terrorism fears), finished at six and ten respectively.
Also worth noting is the survey’s finding that most of the planned trips to Orlando (90% of trips) and Cancun (92% of trips) include bookings by two or more travelers together.
“Our statistics showed that Americans are more likely to travel in groups this summer, and for those traveling with children, family travel insurance is worth considering,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Traveling can be unpredictable, especially with little ones. Insuring vacation costs for a party of five, six or seven can offer financial relief and peace of mind when travel plans go awry.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.