Summer is coming—so where are Americans headed this year?
A survey conducted by our friends at Allianz Global Assistance revealed that some familiar destinations will once again top the list for American travelers this summer. Orlando and Cancun will welcome the most people between May 29 and September 4, coming in at number one among domestic and international spots respectively.
As seen above, Orlando (8.64%) is followed on the domestic list by Las Vegas (4.74%), Honolulu (4.37%), Los Angeles (3.65%), and Seattle (3.37%). On the international side, Cancun leads the way by a large margin—and in fact eight of the top ten spots are located in Mexico or the Caribbean. London and Paris, ever the draws for Americans (even amid terrorism fears), finished at six and ten respectively.
Also worth noting is the survey’s finding that most of the planned trips to Orlando (90% of trips) and Cancun (92% of trips) include bookings by two or more travelers together.
“Our statistics showed that Americans are more likely to travel in groups this summer, and for those traveling with children, family travel insurance is worth considering,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Traveling can be unpredictable, especially with little ones. Insuring vacation costs for a party of five, six or seven can offer financial relief and peace of mind when travel plans go awry.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.