Oktoberfest is right around the corner—so pull out your lederhosen and raise a stein! If you can’t make it to the big fest in Munich, try one of these Los Angeles festivals or hot spots for a taste of Bavaria in the United States:
1. Janette’s Edelweiss Oktoberfest Festival
Jeanette’s Edelweiss German restaurant and beer house is celebrated in Newbury Park for its authentic German dishes, beer and fun atmosphere year-round. So you can bet it will be one of the best places to catch Oktoberfest in the LA area. Enjoy live polka, authentic German food specials, Bavarian costumes, prizes, and more!
The first 25 beers from the keg are free on opening night, September 17 at 5 pm.
2160A Newbury Road, Newbury Park, CA
September 17-October 30, 2016
More information: jeanettesedelweiss.com/entertainment
2. Vegan Oktoberfest
Join Vegan Oktoberfest this year on October 15 for a beer festival, food festival, and traditional Oktoberfest celebration all in one. An admission price gets you unlimited pours of over 50 different beers and ciders, German-themed vegan food, and live entertainment and contests.
Tickets are only available through the website and there are a limited number available.
LA Center Studios, 450 S. Bixel Street, Los Angeles, CA
October 15, 2016
More information: veganoktoberfest.com
3. Angel City Brewery Oktoberfest
The LA Arts District brewery will serve up two Märzen-style beers—Oktoberfest and Imperial Oktoberfest—all day long (with, of course, traditional games and food as well)!
- Oktoberfest: A medium-bodied, auburn-hued Märzen lager with a sweet caramel-like finish.
- Imperial Oktoberfest: An über version of the traditional German-style Märzen, with a warm malt-forward flavor filled with caramel and toffee notes.
There will be sauerkraut-eating contests, as well as stein-hoisting and yodeling competitions! And try some tasty food from Tomski Sausage and Seoul Sausage Company and soft pretzels from Premium Pub Foods.
216 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA
September 25, 2016 (1-8 pm)
More information: angelcitybrewery.com/event/oktoberfest
4. LA Oktoberfest
Choose from different ticket options at the LA Oktoberfest in Manhattan Beach. You can opt for a three- or four-hour pass that includes a stein and unlimited refills for the whole event. Or sample just one beer with a general admission ticket. They will also have German sausages, hot dogs and pretzels for sale.
1600 Rosecrans Avenue Building, Manhattan Beach, CA
October 21, 22, and 23 of 2016
More information: laoktoberfest.com
5. Torrance Oktoberfest
Torrance has been celebrating Oktoberfest since 1968 in the Alpine Village Center. Check out Umpapa music to get you dancing, German fare to satisfy your belly and, of course, thirst-quenching beers brewed by Warsteiner. The kids are even welcome on Sundays for Family Days!
833 W Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA
September 9-October 29, 2016
More information: alpinevillagecenter.com/oktoberfest
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.