Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the fourth-busiest airport by passenger traffic (80,921,527 in 2016) in the world. As it slowly makes its way toward being America’s best airport, passengers have to deal with a ton of construction and traffic and an unprecedented terminal shakeups.
It’s my home airport so I know it well, but after last week’s big shuffle in which Delta switched from Terminals 5 and 6 to Terminals 2 and 3 and dozens of other airlines moved as well, even I needed to doublecheck where to go. Some airlines like Avianca, Copa and Interjet now make passengers check in at one terminal and then walk to another!
To make sure you don’t get caught up in any craziness, see these airport maps, which should help alleviate a lot of confusion and stress. Also, be sure to check in for your flight before leaving for the airport so you can see on your boarding pass which terminal to go to.
Related: LAX Airport Insider Tips
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 941!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.