Happy New Year! To kick off 2020 (like we kicked off 2019), we’re rounding up the top places to travel in 2020 as determined by some of today’s top travel publications. Below, you’ll see links to roundups from National Geographic, Travel + Leisure, Afar, Condé Nast Traveler, Forbes, the Los Angeles Times, Lonely Planet, and Frommers. If you have another list or simply a place you’d like to go to add, please share it in the comments! (And look out for the 2020 edition of New York Times’s annual 52 Places to Go list, debuting soon.)
- Here are the best trips to take in 2020 – National Geographic
- The 50 Best Places to Travel in 2020 – Travel + Leisure
- Where to Go in 2020 – Afar
- 20 Best Places to Go in 2020 – Condé Nast Traveler
- US Travel: 25 Best Places To Visit In 2020 – Forbes
- Ten (also great, but maybe too great) places to reconsider in 2020 – Los Angeles Times
- Best in Travel 2020 – Lonely Planet
- Frommer’s Best Places to Go in 2020 – Frommers
The safest countries for travel in 2020
Another Lonely Planet also wrote up the results of a where-to-go ranking that uses another metric: safety. See the safest countries as determined in a new report from International SOS here.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.