Great news for Delta Air Lines fliers and those who are nervous about paying for future tickets as the Atlanta-based airline just announced a positive change.
Delta is the first major carrier to extend all credits: “Effective Jan. 12, all existing eCredit holders will have an additional year of flexibility for rebooking and traveling. Customers will be able to rebook their ticket by December 31, 2023, for travel throughout 2024. Furthermore, all Delta customers with upcoming 2022 travel or who purchase a ticket in 2022 also have the flexibility to rebook their ticket through December 31, 2023, and travel throughout 2024, if their plans change.”
The same goes for Delta Vacations customers so this is huge news for those who have had their vacation plans squashed thanks to Covid or are nervous about the near future but don’t want to miss out on cheap flights or reserving the best seats on the plane (ahem, exit row or bulkhead).
This is a really smart move by Delta and definitely puts them at an advantage over other airlines so let’s hope the others realize this and follow suit. I think they will. If they do, this will be another reason to book international flights on U.S. carriers (or at least Delta) because if the you-know-what hits the fan or if, at the last minute, you find you just aren’t comfortable going on that dream international trip, you can always use the credits to fly domestically, with plenty of time before they expire.
This is definitely a win-win and for those existing eCredit holders, according to Delta.com: “Don’t worry if you aren’t seeing the new expiration date on your eCredit documents; it will take us some time to update our system, but rest assured you can continue to book tickets for travel anytime in 2022 or 2023 with your existing eCredits.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.