One of my favorite parts about interviewing frequent travelers for my podcast and YouTube channel is learning how they travel and discovering their best travel tips. The latter is usually my last question in any given interview and it always provides readers, viewers and myself with valuable travel information. One of the answers recently really surprised me since I’d never heard of it or thought of it but it’s brilliant, cheap and effective.
Laura Davidson, who has been a PR maven for decades, is based in NYC and has clients all around the world including in Australia and Scotland. Her best travel tip? She told me she always packs two packages of cough drops in her carry-on bag because there’s almost always someone next to her on a plane coughing. Instead of offering her seatmate just one drop, she offers them the whole pack.
It’s a brilliant idea and especially with COVID-19, no one wants to be coughing, even if it’s just an innocuous tickle in your throat. Instead of waiting to get to the airport to buy over-priced cough drops (or anything, for that matter) stock up in advance.
RELATED: How to Sleep on a Plane
My favorite cough drops are Honees. They’re made in Italy from real honey and they’re available on Amazon.com for cheap. I wrote about them five years ago after a colleague gave me one at a conference when I was coughing and I was immediately hooked.
I just ordered a box of 24 of the original Honees for $20 so that’s less than $1 a pack. Amazon also sells them in packets of 20 starting at $4.34 or a pack of 12 for $28.45. I’ve never tried the Honees menthol version but I might have to. They come in two flavors: Honey and Honey Lemon
And in case you’re not a honey fan, like my wife, then here are other cough drop flavors.
39 Travel Questions with Laura Davidson
Laura Davidson is the founder of LDPR, a leading travel and lifestyle PR agency based in NYC with staff in CHI, LA, SFO and was named one of the top PR agencies for 2021 by Forbes magazine. Laura’s traveled to 100 countries so I asked her all kinds of questions, including her best travel tips. Listen to the podcast here or watch the video below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.