Learn about Tuscany’s farm-to-table cuisine at Il Campo Cucina – a unique cooking school located in a picturesque hill town near Siena. Meet the “teachers” – local women who hold classes in their homes, on their farms, and in other historic buildings. Discover the secret to making perfect lasagna, gnocchi, tiramisu and other traditional Italian dishes.
This Food and Wine Adventure in Tuscany is hosted by Marlane Miriello, an Italian-American who was drawn to the sense of community and sustainable lifestyle of tiny Radicondoli and is passionate about the foods, wines and culture of authentic Italy. This passion caused her to create Il Campo Cucina in 2010.
HOW TO ENTER
- Subscribe to Authentic Luxury Travel, enter your email address in the Subscribe box on the site and click on “Submit.”
- Enter the capcha code as requested by FeedBurner.
- Important: activate your subscription by clicking on the link in the email you will receive from the site.
- In order to enter, your subscription must be active.
- Everyone – EVEN SUBSCRIBERS – needs to complete the following statement in the comment box at the bottom of Food and Wine Adventure in Tuscany on Authentic Luxury Travel (not JohnnyJet.com).
- My favorite book (fiction or non-fiction) about Italy or my favorite movie set in Italy is _________________________. Examples: Under the Tuscan Sun, Tea With Mussolini.
WHAT THE GETAWAY INCLUDES:
This Food and Wine Adventure in Tuscany includes one week for one person at Il Campo Cucina, based in the beautiful, undiscovered medieval village of Radicondoli, near Siena.
Included in the week are:
- Six nights lodging in a beautiful eco-sustainably restored Tuscan farmhouse (double occupancy): single room upgrade available for US$400
- Pick-up and drop-off on Day One and Day Seven in Florence at specified times and locations.
- All ground transportation during the week.
- English speaking tour guides.
- Four hands-on cooking lessons with Italian mammas and top chefs in village farms and kitchens.
- A cheese tasting and tour of an organic sheep farm and artisan cheese factory followed by lunch with the shepherd and his family.
- A wine, olive oil and Tuscan products tasting.
- Excursions to famous Tuscan villages including Siena and San Gimignano.
- Hikes around the village and farms surrounding Radicondoli.
- Meals in trattorias in the village and countryside as well as in Siena and San Gimignano.
- All meals, wines and beverages during the week.
- A recipe journal and Il Campo Cucina apron.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:
The winner of the Food and Wine Adventure in Tuscany has the option of enjoying the trip or transferring the prize. Wouldn’t this make a wonderful gift for someone special?
- The Food and Wine Adventure to Tuscany excludes airfare.
- The value of the trip is $3,800.00 (USD)
- The winner can select their week from Il Campo Cucina’s 2013 or 2014 calendar.
- Participation is dependent on space being available.
- The Palio week 2013 or 2014 is not included in the contest.
- The drawing will take place on August 3, 2013 and announced the following day.
- Entries must be submitted before midnight (Pacific Standard Time) August 2, 2013.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Participants must be 21 years of age or older residing within or outside of the United States.
- Winner will be drawn at random by computer and notified by the email you used to subscribe to this website.
Only one entry per person please (leave only one comment on Food and Wine Adventure in Tuscany).
Note: This is a sponsored post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.