London & Partners, the mayor’s promotional organization for the capital, launched the first phase of a new visitor campaign ‘London, Now See It for Yourself’ in October, which aimed to capitalize on the success of summer 2012 by converting avid viewers into visitors.
The face of the campaign, Rufus the Corgi, has helped visitors to explore a specially designed digital map and microsite on the new and improved visitlondon.com site. Designed and beautifully hand drawn by artist Jenni Sparks, the map for London shows key attractions across the capital and a gives a guide to what’s new for 2013, as well as highlighting some of the city’s hidden gems.
Today, the second phase of the campaign launched with the first of six themed competitions, with the social media hound tweeting clues @findrufus, which will lead people from all over the world to where Rufus is hiding in the map that week. Interested travelers can find Rufus in the beautifully created map on visitlondon.com/see and enter to win a magical trip to London on six themes, every week for six weeks – Romantic London, Foodie London, Active London, Royal London, Film London and Fashion London.
Prizes include dinner at Brown’s, afternoon tea at The Sanderson, tickets to attractions, top London shows, like the Bodyguard, a gift card for famous shopping districts and shops like Liberty’s as well as experiences at Westfield and much more.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “The 2012 Games gave London a golden opportunity to show the world why it is the best big city on the planet. Billions of people across the globe watched as we staged the greatest show on earth and now is the time to turn those viewers into visitors. This tourism campaign highlights the fantastic things that our city has to offer, helping to capitalise on the huge momentum from this summer and deliver my goal of ensuring a lasting economic legacy for Londoners.”
Follow Rufus on his adventures through London at www.visitlondon.com/see
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.