One of the hottest entertainment award shows of the year is the Grammys, which in 2018 will be on January 28. Barclays is giving Arrival Plus members the chance to win a trip to attend them! For four days, you and one guest can enjoy a VIP experience in New York City for the 60th Grammy Awards. Below, we give you all the details on how you can win this trip of a lifetime and everything you’ll enjoy with it:
Here’s what you’ll enjoy if you win a trip to the Grammys
By using your Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard between 10/15/17 and 12/30/17, you have a chance to win a 4-night, 5-day trip for you and one guest to the 60th Grammy awards in New York City. Barclays will award the package to two cardholders and their guests will receive the VIP treatment from January 25 to 29, 2018.
Here’s a breakdown of everything you and your guest will receive as part of the prize package:
- Two tickets to the Grammys
- Behind-the-scenes experiences at the Grammys
- 5-days and 4-nights of luxury accommodations
- $600 pre-paid Mastercard
- Free roundtrip air transportation
For four days, you will enjoy the best that New York City has to offer as you can enjoy the sites and sounds of the city and also enjoy several pre-Grammy events. To culminate the trip, you get to enjoy the show and attend the after party on January 28, 2018.
Here’s a breakdown of the daily events:
- Arrive in NYC
- Car transfer to trendy accommodations
- Attend a welcome reception
- Private tour of NYC
- Dinner at an acclaimed NYC restaurant
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Grammy Awards
- Professional makeover
- VIP experiences
- Exclusive Mastercard Grammy pre-reception
- Attend the Grammy awards
- Access to after party
How to win a trip to the Grammys
To win this trip to the 80th Grammys, all you have to do is use your Barclays Arrival Plus between October 15 and December 30, 2017. Each card purchase gives you one free entry. There are no limitations to how many entries you can submit. So, happy spending and good luck!
Additional rewards of the Barclays Arrival Plus
Whether or not you win a trip to the Grammys, you win rewards every time you use your Barclays Arrival Plus.
First off, you earn 2 miles per purchase for every dollar spent. It doesn’t matter if it’s a travel purchase or non-travel purchase, you earn the same flat rate on every single transaction. If you like simplicity it doesn’t get much better than that.
Secondly, it’s really easy to redeem your rewards. Each mile is worth one cent ($0.01) and can be redeemed for travel statement credits. As an added bonus, you enjoy a 5% redemption bonus every time you redeem miles for a travel credit. If you redeem 10,000 miles on your next billing statement, you will get 500 miles back that can be redeemed a second time. In all, every 10,000 miles are worth $105 in statement credits.
Plus, your Barclays miles never expire as long as your Arrival Plus account remains active.
The Arrival Plus can also be an excellent credit card for international travel. You will never pay a foreign transaction fee, and, you earn the same 2x mileage bonus on all international purchases too.
Another reason to carry the Arrival Plus when you travel abroad is for the chip and pin technology. Most U.S. credit cards are only chip and signature credit cards. As other nations require you to enter a pin number, even for credit card transactions. If you are at an automated machine (like a train station) and don’t have enough cash, this means you could literally miss the train.
Barclays Arrival Plus bonus offer
New Barclays Arrival Plus cardholders also qualify to win the Grammy grand prize even though they didn’t own the card before the sweepstakes window opened on October 15. In addition to receiving a free entry for each purchase, you can also earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months. Those 40,000 bonus miles are worth $420 in bonus travel statement credits. And, the $89 annual fee is also waived for the first year.
The offer is only available to first-time Arrival Plus cardholders. Like the American Express “once in a lifetime” policy, previous cardholders cannot receive the sign-up bonus a second time.
Additional ways to enjoy VIP experiences
While we certainly hope you can win a trip to the 60th Grammys this January, there are other opportunities constantly going on that can let you enjoy similar VIP experiences at another red carpet award shows.
For example, Chase Sapphire cardholders have the exclusive opportunity to attend the Emmys just by owning a credit card. There are no contests that need to be won to gain a ticket, and, you don’t even need to know a high-power Hollywood exec! This opportunity makes my Chase Sapphire Preferred even more valuable.
As a Chase Sapphire cardholder, you have the option to use cash or points for an Emmys package that includes a few of the amenities below:
- Tickets to the Emmys show
- Complimentary valet parking
- A chance to walk the red carpet
- Attend the Governor’s Ball after-party beside all your favorite stars
- Exclusive Sapphire cardholder pre-ceremony events
In addition to the Emmys, Chase is offering multiple Chase Sapphire member-only events and experiences all over the country during the year. You can also gain inside access for celebrity meet-and-greets, backstage passes, and even dinners from world-renown chefs.
If you also want to obtain a ticket to the next Emmys (which will take place in September 2018), you might consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred as it is similar to the Barclays Arrival Plus in terms of fees and purchase rewards. The annual fee is $95 per year and it’s waived the first year (just like the Arrival Plus).
Once you own the Sapphire Preferred, you will earn 2 points on every travel and dining purchase and 1 point for all remaining purchases per $1 spent. Points can be redeemed for award travel through Chase or transferred on a 1:1 basis to 11 leading Chase Ultimate Rewards travel partners including Southwest Airlines, United, British Airways Avios, and Hyatt. Of course, you can always redeem your points for travel experiences to events like the Emmy’s as well.
Summary on trip to Grammys with Arrival Plus
An all-inclusive trip for two to the Grammys is an awesome opportunity. Since you are probably preparing to book your holiday travel you might have more buying opportunities than usual. If you love music and always dreamed of watching the ceremony in person, this could be your year!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.