Day 5 of Windstar’s Star Pride Mediterranean Cruise took us to Portofino, Italy. I was most excited for this port since I’ve heard so much about it but had never had the pleasure of visiting. Unfortunately, my expectations were too high and I was really disappointed. The tiny Italian town felt like Disneyland minus the rides and happy faces. The place was full of tourists and the shopkeepers and restaurant owners weren’t overly friendly. On top of that, the one place my dad and I chose to share a pizza turned out to have lousy food.
The highlight of the trip was going on Star Pride’s walking tour. The scenery was stunning and my dad was a determined to climb to Castello Brown (Brown Castle) where we sampled local flavors of the region. They had Chef Guida leading the way and he was hilarious and informative. He really should have his own cooking show in the U.S. because it would be a big hit. We learned how to make pesto while sampling Italian favorites.
Back onboard the ship had its weekly Deck Barbeque and it was a perfect night for it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.