When I was in Barbados a couple weeks ago, everyone was monitoring Tropical Storm Kirk. In the process I learned about Max Tracker (the hurricane app) and Windfinder, which one commercial airline pilot told me he uses because he’s found it to be the most accurate wind app. It was created for windsurfers looking to find the best winds around the world, but obviously you can use it to find out what the wind will be like where you are or where you’re going.
Windfinder’s wind and weather forecast is available globally in increments of three hours, with a range of 10 days into the future. The app uses 20,400 weather stations from all over the world to present the current wind speed, wind direction, air temperature, air pressure, and more in real time. You have a choice of either animated or static displays. It’s free and available on both iOS and Android.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.