Hurricane Sandy walloped the Northeast and now another winter storm “Athena” is about hit. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who were affected. For people who are traveling to these areas we’ve partnered with Expedia to assemble a resource page with brand new information to help make your travels go smoother.
- Airlines, airports regain footing after nor’easter
- Approximately 55,000 new power outages have been reported in New York City and Westchester, approximately 20,000 in New Jersey and 60,000 in Long Island. The outages add to the large number of consumers who were already without power as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Despite the new outages, damage from the storm appears to have been minimal. Ground transportation disruptions are also less than expected, and roads and rail lines in New Jersey and New York City are largely clear. Continuing flight cancellations in New York City area airports have caused carry-over disruptions in other parts of the country.
- Winter Storm Athena Forecast Impacts
AIRLINE TRAVEL POLICIES FOR HURRICANE SANDY & ATHENA
Air Canada | Air Tran| Alaska | American Airlines| British Airways | Delta | Frontier | Hawaiian | JetBlue | Southwest | Spirit | Sun Country| United | US Airways | Virgin America | WestJet | Every Airline Website and Phone Number | Expedia’s resource for Airline Flexibility Policies
If you booked through an online travel agency, sites like Expedia have assembled crisis teams who are working overtime to make sure travelers have updated information from airlines that serve the east coast. But if you have non-urgent customer service issues, it’s a good idea to call in a few days so those with critical problems can get through as quickly as possible.
WHO TO FOLLOW ON TWITTER
It seems like everyone is tweeting about Hurricane Sandy but now that the storm has passed, here’s where you can find some of the best, most up-to-date information to answer questions about travel plans:
Live Airline Twitter Feed | Every Airline and Travel Resource on Twitter | @AmericanAir | @Delta| @Expedia |@JetBlue | @Southwestair | @Spiritairlines | @United | @USAirways |@VirginAmerica | @PANYNJ | @RedCross | @FEMA
Cruise Ships | How Hurricane Sandy will affect cruises going forward| Expedia’s Hassle-free Hurricane Promise
Many people are wondering about the impact of Sandy on cruises and according to Expedia, very few have been cancelled. However, the ports might have changed so be sure to contact the cruise line.
Advertisement: Best Travel Credit Cards.
GOOD TO KNOW
Got questions about traveling, hotels, car rentals and flights? These links will point you in the right direction:
- Here’s Why Travelers Should Care About Named Winter Storms
- FAA Delays | Flight Trackers | Google Crisis Map
- Every Hotel, Car Rental and Cruise Line Website and Phone #
HOW TO HELP
There are many ways you can help with relief efforts, following Hurricane Sandy. Help #Sandy victims by texting REDCROSS to 90999 for a $10 donation or visit rdcrss.org/OvLycy
Airlines reward customers who donate to Hurricane Sandy relief
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.