Photo credit: Lynn Gaylord
For people who are traveling I assembled a post (What To Do: Weather Delays and Flight Cancellations) and this resource page with the latest information to help make your travels go smoother.
AIRPORT NEWS / HEADLINES
- Q&A: How airlines prepare for big storms
- More than 900,000 people lost power during the blizzard.
- FAA: Flight Delay Information – Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- Here’s a map of the @CTLightandPower outages
AIRLINE TRAVEL POLICIES FOR WINTER STORM NEMO
Air Canada | Air Tran| Alaska | American Airlines| British Airways | Delta | Frontier | Hawaiian | JetBlue | Southwest | Spirit | Sun Country| United | US Airways | Virgin America | WestJet | Every Airline Website and Phone Number
WHO TO FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Here’s where you can find some of the best, most up-to-date information to answer questions about travel plans:
Live Airline Twitter Feed | Every Airline and Travel Resource on Twitter | @AmericanAir | @Delta| @Expedia |@JetBlue | @Southwestair | @Spiritairlines | @United
@USAirways |@VirginAmerica | @PANYNJ | @RedCross | @FEMA
Advertisement: Best Travel Credit Cards.
GOOD TO KNOW
Got questions about traveling, hotels, car rentals and flights? These links will point you in the right direction:
- Weather Maps for Travelers
- Flight Trackers | Flight Aware
- Every Hotel, Car Rental and Cruise Line Website and Phone #
- This is what the massive storm looks like from space
NEED TRAVEL ASSISTANCE?
If you need travel assistance, this is one of my favorite resources:
Cranky Concierge Air Travel Assistance
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.