This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you’re on the fence about getting the World of Hyatt Credit Card, you better act soon. No, the card’s not going away. However, the signup bonus may be shrinking. The minimum spending amount remains the same.
You can make up the difference by transferring your Ultimate Rewards points. But, being proactive and getting the Hyatt credit card before the bonus changes may mean you can get two extra free nights.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card Signup Bonus
Editor’s note: This is the current offer from Chase.
All new World of Hyatt Credit Card applicants have the chance to earn 50,000 bonus points. To earn the full bonus, you must reach these two spending milestones:
- Earn 25,000 bonus points by spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Receive the final 25,000 bonus points by spending $6,000 in the first 6 months
Apply to Earn Bonus Points (Expired)
The signup bonus is 60,000 bonus World of Hyatt points. You must spend $6,000 in the first six months of account opening. This bonus can net you two extra free nights.
To earn the current signup bonus, meet these spending targets:
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months and get 40,000 bonus points
- Spend $6,000 in 6 months to get an additional 20,000 bonus points
If you’re a previous cardholder, you may still qualify for either bonus offer as long as you haven’t received the bonus in the most recent 24 months.
All Other Card Benefits Remain Intact
We never like to see a weaker signup bonus. But, the good news is that all other World of Hyatt Credit Card benefits will stay the same.
Get Up Two Free Nights Each Year
Maybe the most valuable benefit of this card is the ability to earn two free Hyatt nights each year. These nights are redeemable at any category 1-4 Hyatt property. Without the free night award, each night costs up to 15,000 points.
The first free night is automatic each card anniversary.
To earn the second free night, spend $15,000 each card anniversary year.
Automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist Status
Climb to the second tier of the World of Hyatt award program and enjoy these on-site perks:
- Complimentary premium internet
- Free bottle of water daily
- Space-available room upgrades
- Waived resort fees on free night awards
- Expedited check-in
- Late checkout until 2:00 pm
Other Discoverist benefits include earning 5 points on Hyatt stay plus your credit card purchase rewards. You also get Pearl status with M Life rewards. Finally, you can save up to 10% on member rates too.
Earn Up to 4 Points On Every Purchase
The World of Hyatt Credit Card also offers tiered purchase rewards.
You can earn:
- 4x points on all Hyatt purchases
- 2x points at restaurants, airfare purchased directly from the airline, local transit, and commuting, and fitness clubs and gym memberships
- 1x points on all remaining purchases
Your points never expire as long as you own this credit card.
Will You Get the World of Hyatt Credit Card?
Hyatt might offer a limited-time bonus after the regular bonus decreases. But, if you can spend $6,000 before summer, it can be a good idea to try for the World of Hyatt Credit Card. After all, waiting a few days means you earn two fewer free nights.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.