This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
World of Hyatt continues to grow with more brands being added to its portfolio. These are hotels where you can earn and redeem points on stays. Recent additions include Small Luxury Hotels of the World, which is helping World of Hyatt boost its presence globally while adding lots of premium boutique hotels to the mix.
The latest addition to World of Hyatt is Thompson Hotels, which operates several trendy properties in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. This means that you can earn and redeem points at select Thompson Hotels immediately. Each of their properties has been assigned a category for redemption within World of Hyatt. Note that not all Thompson Hotels are participating in World of Hyatt, but most of them will be.
On top of that, elite members can enjoy their standard perks like free wireless Internet, potential suite upgrades, and free breakfast if you have Globalist status. In case you missed it, American Airlines has teamed up with World of Hyatt to offer reciprocal perks for each other’s members. If you hold coveted Concierge Key status with American, you will soon be gifted Globalist status within World of Hyatt. Sadly, Globalist members will not be getting Concierge Key from American anytime soon!
Thompson Hotels properties include The Cape in Los Cabos, Mexico, which overlooks the Pacific Ocean and The Beekman in New York.
World of Hyatt Points
If you’re short on World of Hyatt points, don’t worry. You can always transfer points from credit card programs like Chase Ultimate Rewards and American Express Membership Rewards. Of course, you can always earn World of Hyatt points through hotel stays or by using its affiliated World of Hyatt credit card. This card comes with free Discoverist elite status.
World of Hyatt will also soon be adding other hotel brands to its portfolio. These include Joie de Vivre Hotels, Alila, and Destination Hotels. Joie de Vivre Hotels will be joining World of Hyatt in mid-May. The other two brands have not announced their official start date with Hyatt.
All of these additions make your World of Hyatt points more valuable and achieving elite status more rewarding. In case you haven’t noticed, the World of Hyatt’s website and mobile app now sport a new look. They feature the ability to track your progress toward various elite levels and milestone awards within the program. This all contributes to members becoming more engaged and interactive with the program.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.