This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
What’s happening to your World of Hyatt hotel loyalty status when you can’t travel? There are several World of Hyatt promos you can enjoy this spring including exclusive offers for co-brand Hyatt credit card members. It’s possible to earn a higher status while you stay at home.
World of Hyatt Promos
Even though we aren’t able to travel at the moment, there are several ways Hyatt is working to help those with loyalty status (or people who would like to earn loyalty status). Here are several ways World of Hyatt promos can help.
Bonus Hyatt Qualifying Night Credits
Members of the World of Hyatt Credit Card and the Hyatt Credit Card (no longer open to new applicants) can earn more qualifying night credits than usual. This promo lasts from April 15, 2020, to June 30, 2020.
How many credits you can earn for every $5,000 in card spend depends on which card you have:
- World of Hyatt Credit Card: 3 qualifying night credits per $5,000 in total card purchases
- Hyatt Credit Card: 2 qualifying night credits per $5,000 in total card purchases
The World of Hyatt Credit Card reverts back to 2 credits per $5,000 in spend after this promotion ends.
Earning 30 elite night credits in a calendar year upgrades you to World of Hyatt Explorist status.
Limited-Time World of Hyatt Credit Card Signup Bonus
Starting April 15, 2020, the World of Hyatt Credit Card (one of our favorite hotel credit cards) has a limited-time signup bonus to earn a total of 10 qualifying night credits when you apply by June 30, 2020. This can help you earn Hyatt elite status sooner. You’ll also get 5 qualifying night credits every year thereafter. The standard benefit is only 5 qualifying night credits that you receive upon application approval and each card anniversary.
You can also earn up to 50,000 bonus Hyatt points worth up to 10 free nights at Category 1 hotels. Get the first 25,000 World of Hyatt points by spending $3,000 in the first 3 months. Spending a total of $6,000 in the first 6 months gives you the remaining 25,000 bonus Hyatt points.
New cardholders also earn 2 additional qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card. Note that free nights start at 5,000 points. World of Hyatt promos can get you plenty of rewards.
The Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card cardholders also earn:
- 9 points total for Hyatt stays (4 points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels plus 5 points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member)
- 2 points per $1 spent at:
- restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops
- airline tickets purchased directly from the airline
- local transit and commuting (including taxis, mass transit, tolls, and ride-share services)
- fitness club and gym memberships
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
This bonus offer is for new applicants. Previous members of any Hyatt credit card can qualify for this offer if it’s been at least 24 months since they last received a Hyatt signup bonus.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
World of Hyatt Elite Status Extensions
Your current World of Hyatt elite status (Discoverist, Explorist, and Globalist) is active through February 2022. This status extension is for all World of Hyatt members regardless of the country you live in.
Many loyalty programs are extending elite status to help during these challenging times.
Free Night Award Expiration Date Extensions
Do you have unused Free Night, Suite Upgrades, and Club Lounge Access awards that expire between March 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020? These awards now expire on December 31, 2021.
Summary of World of Hyatt Promos
These World of Hyatt promos make it easier to preserve (or improve!) your loyalty status for 2021. When you’re ready to travel regularly again, these benefits can make your trips more enjoyable.
- Credit Cards With the Best Rewards
- Chase 5/24 Rule
- Best Credit Cards for Uber and Lyft
- Miles and Credit Card Perks Extended Due to Coronavirus
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.