If you checked out my 2017 Mother’s Day gift guide, you already know about the Doona. Believe me, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be writing about a stroller or getting excited about one, but having a baby really changes your life (for the better). Finding new gadgets that help people travel better, lighter and smoother gets me all pumped up. That’s why I’m telling you about the Doona.
My wife discovered this revolutionary new car seat stroller and the folks from Doona were kind enough to send her one. What makes this thing so special is that it’s a car seat that, with just the press of a button, quickly and easily converts into a stroller! This all-in-one system is perfect for travel because it means you won’t have to deal with a car seat and separate stroller base and will be able to move around more freely.
Not only is it compact and stylish, but the Doona is also a safe solution; it has been awarded five stars by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Plus, it’s great for airplane travel. It’s narrow enough to fit down the aisle of an airplane and if you’ve paid for a seat for a baby, the wheels flip up so you can easily place the whole car seat in the seat. It’s FAA-approved and has also been tested and approved for use on European aircraft.
We traveled with it last week on Jack’s first plane ride and after I quickly collapsed it from a stroller to a car seat and put it on the security belt at TSA PreCheck, a well-dressed lady behind me said, “Whoa…where was that when my kids were babies?” Yes, it’s that incredible.
The Doona is available at DoonaUSA.com.
Here’s a YouTube video on how to install it without a base:
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.