Icelandic low-fare carrier WOW air will enter the New York market in November, with service between Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and Reykjavik, Iceland.
The five-year-old airline currently flies between Iceland’s capital and six North American cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Baltimore-Washington, Boston, Toronto, and Montreal. One-way flights between those cities and Reykjavik start at $99 (including taxes). The airline also flies to 23 European destinations from Reykjavik, including London, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dublin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Stockholm. One-way fares between US cities and Europe start at $149.
And no, these deals aren’t too good to be true. They’re real. But like all super-bargain fares touted by low-fare carriers, it takes flexibility and patience to nab the cheapest seats. Packing really light and toting your own food and water, among other measures, keeps costs down. So does timing.
For more on WOW air, see Jayne Clark’s review of her flight from Baltimore-Washington to Reykjavik and onward to Bristol, UK, another new destination served by the rapidly expanding airline—live tomorrow at 10 am ET.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.