Icelandic low-fare carrier WOW air will enter the New York market in November, with service between Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and Reykjavik, Iceland.
The five-year-old airline currently flies between Iceland’s capital and six North American cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Baltimore-Washington, Boston, Toronto, and Montreal. One-way flights between those cities and Reykjavik start at $99 (including taxes). The airline also flies to 23 European destinations from Reykjavik, including London, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Dublin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Stockholm. One-way fares between US cities and Europe start at $149.
And no, these deals aren’t too good to be true. They’re real. But like all super-bargain fares touted by low-fare carriers, it takes flexibility and patience to nab the cheapest seats. Packing really light and toting your own food and water, among other measures, keeps costs down. So does timing.
For more on WOW air, see Jayne Clark’s review of her flight from Baltimore-Washington to Reykjavik and onward to Bristol, UK, another new destination served by the rapidly expanding airline—live tomorrow at 10 am ET.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.