It’s all over the travel news that airlines are really starting to get worried since bookings have dropped off a cliff in the last couple of weeks. First of all, summer is over and school is back in. Secondly, business travel hasn’t rebounded like everyone had hoped. And the last reason is, of course, the Delta variant. People are worried about catching COVID since cases are so high. I’m one of them.
If you are willing to travel, then you at least have something to be happy about … cheaper airfares and hotels! I’ve seen prices cut in some markets by more than 50%. For example, you can fly right now from the West Coast to Hawaii for under $250. That’s round-trip and that’s the same for New York to Los Angeles. There’s even Chicago to LAX for $61 round-trip. Insane, right?
This doesn’t even include the fares to Europe I included in yesterday’s newsletter: Scott’s Cheap Flights just sent out some insane deals to Europe. For example, you can fly round-trip to Helsinki, Finland (HEL) from: Honolulu for $280, Los Angeles & New York City for $265! There’s also Rome for $307 RT!
Another thing that travelers should get excited about is Southwest Airlines’ incredible deal. One of the best deals in travel is the Southwest Companion Pass®. If a Southwest frequent flier or spender flies 100 one-way flights in a year or earns 125,000 qualifying points through a combination of credit card spend and flying, they can bring a companion for them for free every time they fly.
To take advantage of the expected slow period over the next six months, Southwest is offering passengers a much shorter companion pass. All you have to do is register and purchase a round-trip or two one-way flights by 9/9. Then travel by 11/18. Then, between 1/6/2022 – 2/28/2022, you can bring a companion with you for free every time you fly Southwest. Well, it’s almost free … the offer does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way.
Today is 9/9 so you better get crackin!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.