Ugh! The Zika virus is no joke; I’ve canceled trips to Cuba, Costa Rica and the Dominican because of it since my wife is pregnant. However, things just got real for Americans as the first cases that have been transmitted from mosquitos have been confirmed in Florida. That means the Zika virus is now in Florida. Yikes! No doubt, as the experts predicted, it will make its way through the county.
Without a doubt travelers are going to be on edge especially pregnant women and those that want to get pregnant in the next couple of years. However, women aren’t the only ones who have to cancel or be extra vigilant when traveling to affected areas because there have been cases of the virus being transmitted sexually.
If you have a trip scheduled to Florida and want to cancel, some types of insurance will allow it. Here’s more info.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.