Ugh! The Zika virus is no joke; I’ve canceled trips to Cuba, Costa Rica and the Dominican because of it since my wife is pregnant. However, things just got real for Americans as the first cases that have been transmitted from mosquitos have been confirmed in Florida. That means the Zika virus is now in Florida. Yikes! No doubt, as the experts predicted, it will make its way through the county.
Without a doubt travelers are going to be on edge especially pregnant women and those that want to get pregnant in the next couple of years. However, women aren’t the only ones who have to cancel or be extra vigilant when traveling to affected areas because there have been cases of the virus being transmitted sexually.
If you have a trip scheduled to Florida and want to cancel, some types of insurance will allow it. Here’s more info.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.