My wife Natalie and I just spent two incredible nights at the Trump Hotel Waikiki on the island of Oahu, in the great state of Hawaii! Oout of the five hotels we stayed in during our week-plus in Hawaii, it was one of our favorites, and so this was an easy piece to write. Heading to Oahu? Here are 10 reasons to stay at the Trump Hotel Waikiki:
You will notice Trump Waikiki’s attentive service the moment you roll up. The staff are genuinely friendly and they greet all new arrivals with a his and hers lei. The lobby is located on the 6th floor and at check-in, they give guests chilled towels and watermelon-pineapple infused water.
2. Rooms with kitchens
The 38-story modern building has 462 luxury guest rooms and suites that range from 355 to 2,050 square feet. They all come with balconies and fully stocked kitchens that include a full-size refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, coffee pot, toaster, cordless phones, wine chiller…basically everything and more than most people have in their house. FYI: Suites with one or more bedrooms also have a washing machine and dryer in the room!
3. Comfortable beds
All the rooms come with ridiculously comfortable mattresses and soft, cozy sheets that are super luxurious.
4. Bath tubs
I’ve been to a lot of hotels in my life and Trump Hotel Waikiki’s tubs have to rank in the top three since they are so large and fill up fast. If I make enough money, one day I’m going to buy one just like it for my house.
5. Free Wi-Fi
Not only does the hotel offer free Wi-Fi but it’s strong and it works well—all over the property.
The views, especially on the higher floors and facing Diamond Head, will no doubt have you Skyping your friends and family back home so you can share it. We had a partial ocean view and although we couldn’t see Diamond Head, we did get to see the amazing sunsets and the Hilton’s Friday night fireworks.
The Trump Waikiki is literally a block away from the beach and is centrally located. You can walk anywhere in Waikiki either by taking the surface streets or—my preference—walking along the beach. There’s tons of restaurants, shops and activities all within three blocks of the property. There’s even a free Army museum a block away.
8. Beach Bags
The hotel makes up for not being right on the beach by supplying all guests with a packed beach bag that’s stocked with towels, bottled water, apples, and mini bottles of sunscreen. Waikiki Beach is public so the hotel doesn’t have its own private beach but they do have a deal with an outfitter that rents chairs and umbrellas and allows you to charge it to your room.
9. The Spa
There’s nothing like unwinding after a long flight in a spa and Trump has a small but fine one. On arrival, they wash your feet and hands with a hot towel while a toasty neck pillow loosens up the muscles. The Hawaiian pineapple tea and delicious organic chocolates they offer make you feel even more pampered—and this is all before you are brought into your own private treatment room that doubles as a locker room since it has a closet for storing your belongings. I had their precious gem-infused oil treatments that combines rare flowers and herbal essences and contains diamonds, emeralds, rubies or sapphires. Trump never lacks the wow factor! Find more spa info here.
Trump Waikiki has three restaurants: BLT Steak is rated one of the top restaurants in Waikiki and is popular among the locals. Wai’olu is a casual open air restaurant that specializes in creative drinks created from fresh ingredients…which they call liquid artistry. You also won’t want to miss the massive breakfast buffet ($33) at In-Yō Cafe. They have everything from breakfast poi to create-your-own-omelets and fresh fruit smoothies.
If you want a luxurious, over-the-top experience, then treat yourself to Trump Waikiki. You won’t regret it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.