Short bio: Jon is the producer and host of GlobeTrotter TV; a half hour five-times weekly lifestyle travel show that airs in two-million NYC homes on Spectrum HD channel 1993. He has written five books:
- The African American Travel Guide– tips on how to get it together to travel
- Yes I Can, says anything is possible, all you have to have is a dream,
- Chasing Wild Ass, a narrative of his travels around the world with recipes
- Jon Haggins The GlobeTrotter, a continued narrative of his travels with recipes
- My Heroes, a narrative of his family’s history
Jon started as a fashion designer just fresh out of FIT in New York City. Many celebrities such as Debbie Allen, Helen Gurley Brown, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Felicia Rashad, Diahann Carroll, Diana Ross, Lynn Redgrave, and Sybil Burton rushed in and purchased his fashions. The Museum of the Fashion Institute of Technology, Cornell University and the Museum of the City of New York have exhibited some of his designs.
Jon was also featured on numerous radio and television shows such as Good Day New York – FOX TV, Here & Now-ABC TV, CNN-Daybreak, Geraldo, Today Show, Live with Regis Philbin, Midday Live, Joan Hamburg WOR & ABC Radio and etc.
Occupation: TV Host
Hometown: Tampa, Florida
College major: Fashion
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video
How many countries have you been to? I have no idea
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Driving around Florida with my grandfather and going to Rio for Carnival in my 20s
Favorite American city: So many, NYC, Key West, Chicago, New Orleans…
Favorite international city: Again so many. Brazilian cities of Rio, Salvador …
Friendliest people in the world: Everywhere I’ve been
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Only bad experience was Amsterdam
I have no desire to go to: Israel because security is so tight
Favorite U.S. airport: Don’t have one
Favorite international airport: Don’t have one
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Vodka Tonic
Favorite restaurant: The Leopard at des Artistes in NYC
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Durian in Malaysia
Favorite hotel: Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
Best hotel view: Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
Favorite travel credit card: I bring Visa, Mastercard and Amex
Favorite island: Bora Bora
Favorite beach: Ipanema Rio
Most adventurous activity: ATV, Ziplining, Elephant rides
Favorite travel movie: Can’t think of one
Favorite travel show: Andrew Zimmern Bizarre Foods
Favorite travel book: All of the ones in my house
Worst travel moment: Don’t have one including being pickpocketed on the Charles Bridge in Prague
Most embarrassing travel moment: My bathing suit falling off at the beach
What’s your dream destination? I would like to go back to Vietnam and Fiji
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video
Best travel tip: See video
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.