Short bio: Pauline Frommer is Co-President of Frommer Media LLC with her father Arthur Frommer. The company publishes the Frommer’s guidebooks, and Frommers.com. She is author of Frommer’s New York City Day by Day and Frommer’s EasyGuide to New York City and an award-winning travel writer, podcast host (Frommer’s Travel Podcast, named one of the top 13 by the New York Times), and editor. Pauline is married to Columbia University professor Mahlon Stewart, and the mother of two very well-traveled daughters.
Hometown: New York City
Residence: New York City
College: Wesleyan University
College major: Intellectual History
Are you flying again? Yes
How many countries have you been to? Haven’t counted
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Going to Europe with my parents every summer for three months
Favorite American city besides NYC: New Orleans
Favorite international city: Lisbon
Friendliest people in the world: Ireland
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Kenya
I have no desire to go to: Right now Hungary
Favorite U.S. airport: Charlotte for their rocking chairs
Favorite international airport: Taipei
Favorite restaurant: Iris in NYC
Favorite fruit: Mango and pineapple
Favorite island: Barbados
Favorite travel movie: Lost In Translation
Favorite travel show: Samantha Brown
Favorite travel book: The Places In Between by Rory Stewart
Worst travel moment: When my eight-year-old daughter (at the time) was stuck on a zipline in Costa Rica
What’s your dream destination? Antarctica
Best travel tip: See video
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.