Short bio: Pauline Frommer is Co-President of Frommer Media LLC with her father Arthur Frommer. The company publishes the Frommer’s guidebooks, and Frommers.com. She is author of Frommer’s New York City Day by Day and Frommer’s EasyGuide to New York City and an award-winning travel writer, podcast host (Frommer’s Travel Podcast, named one of the top 13 by the New York Times), and editor. Pauline is married to Columbia University professor Mahlon Stewart, and the mother of two very well-traveled daughters.
Hometown: New York City
Residence: New York City
College: Wesleyan University
College major: Intellectual History
Are you flying again? Yes
How many countries have you been to? Haven’t counted
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Going to Europe with my parents every summer for three months
Favorite American city besides NYC: New Orleans
Favorite international city: Lisbon
Friendliest people in the world: Ireland
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Kenya
I have no desire to go to: Right now Hungary
Favorite U.S. airport: Charlotte for their rocking chairs
Favorite international airport: Taipei
Favorite restaurant: Iris in NYC
Favorite fruit: Mango and pineapple
Favorite island: Barbados
Favorite travel movie: Lost In Translation
Favorite travel show: Samantha Brown
Favorite travel book: The Places In Between by Rory Stewart
Worst travel moment: When my eight-year-old daughter (at the time) was stuck on a zipline in Costa Rica
What’s your dream destination? Antarctica
Best travel tip: See video
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.