I love everything about Hawaii, from its weather, water, landscape, people and food. Heck, I even adore the name “Hawaii”. I’ve been fortunate to travel to the Hawaiian islands dozens of times and without a doubt, one of my favorite foods to get there is an acai bowl. I don’t know if Hawaii invented the acai bowl (I would think it would be the Brazilians since that’s where the acai berry comes from) but they sure did master it. My favorite spot to get an acai bowl is Bogart’s (you can read about it here) but since it seems so many locals have different opinions, I decided to ask some of my local friends for their favorite spot to get an acai bowl on Oahu. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Jewel or Juice in Kailua
Their acai bowls are simply delicious. Ingredients are fresh, organic and local when possible. My favorite is the Deluxe Acai Bowl, which is topped off with local banana, strawberries, blueberries, shredded coconut, organic granola and of course, honey! Its close proximity to beautiful Kailua Beach makes it a perfect stop pre- or post-beach day. In addition to their acai bowls, their smoothies are the best on the island – from fruit and veggie blends to creamy delights like my favorite – taro haupia; they’ve got it all. Lastly, their bowls are affordable compared to some other spots on the island. If you’re in Honolulu/Waikiki, they have a location in Kaimuki on Waialae Avenue. ~ Kira Chong Tim, Klick Communications HI
2. Honolulu Coffee Company
I work in downtown Honolulu so this place is convenient, consistently delicious with fresh bananas and granola, and always served with a smile. It’s simply done and a great way to start any day in Hawaii. ~ Nathan Kam, President, Anthology Group
3. Hale‘iwa Bowls
Hale‘iwa Bowls is a roadside stand on the North Shore that serves up delicious, organic and fresh-from-the-local-farm bowls of fruit, honey and granola with the option to add on heaps of your other favorite toppings. And, it’s just a few minutes’ walk to the beach park to sit and enjoy your acai with a view! ~ Alison Croyle – Director of PR for Hawaiian Airlines
4. Diamond Head Cove Health Bar
A favorite location for acai connoisseurs and those looking for a healthy bite, Da Hawaiian’s acai bowl is a must try at Diamond Head Cove Health Bar. Da’s delicious bowl includes acai fruit, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, bee pollen and a scoop of Pai’i’ai Waiahole Waikane (Hawaii Moi Taro.) Granola and toasted coconut flakes are also added for extra magic! ~ Michelle Edwards, Director of Public Relations at Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina
5. Diamond Head Cove Health Bar
I’m an acai bowl connoisseur and this is my favorite spot on Oahu! I love the Mana Cove Bowl, it’s double acai topped with organic granola, blueberries, strawberries, banana, bee pollen and honey. ~ Dara Lum, Communications Director, Halekulani Corporation
So there you have the best spots to get an acai bowl on Oahu. Are any of these your favorites or do you have another recommendation?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.