Getting sick on the road is no fun. It can ruin your trip entirely and no one wants that! So how do you keep illness at bay? I never leave home without these five products, which all help me either prevent illness or ease my symptoms if I get sick. Disclosure: I’m a sponsored Pepto-Bismol Influencer, but all opinions are my own.
1. Antibacterial Wipes
When I travel I’m borderline Howard-Hughes-insane about germs. I constantly wash my hands, use hand sanitizer, make a conscious effort not to stick my fingers in my mouth, eyes and nose, and wipe down airplane seats, car rental handles and hotel rooms with antibacterial wipes. They say the dirtiest thing in a hotel room is the remote control so that’s the first thing I wipe down but I also clean door handles and light switches. When I’ve been lazy, I’ve paid the price for it. Don’t make the same mistake.
2. Eye Mask and Ear Plugs
Studies have shown that sleep is imperative to our health. When you travel, it can be difficult to get a good night’s sleep since you are out of your nightly pattern and familiar surroundings. The worst part is that you are at the mercy of your fellow travelers, whether you’re on a plane or in a hotel. When I travel, I always bring along a soft and comfortable eye mask and ear plugs since it creates a much better sleeping environment for me. No one wants to be woken by someone lifting a window shade or hearing people in the hallway of your hotel. And with a good night’s sleep, I’m not only better prepared to face my day but to fight off illness as well.
Food and travel are intricately intertwined and for me, one of the best parts about traveling is getting to try new foods. On the flip side, one of the worst things is that sometimes new foods can wreak havoc on your stomach. Depending on where you’re traveling, you may eat something bad (I love street food in Asia but you do have to be careful!) and if you have a weak stomach, you may not react well to new flavors, spices and ingredients. Pepto-Bismol can be a traveler’s best friend to relieve your stomach upset. The Pepto-Bismol chewables or swallowable caplets are easy to pack in your carry-on so you always have them at the ready!
4. Vitamin C Packets
When I travel, I always carry those little vitamin C packets. Not only because they help to boost my immune system (although this is the main reason), but if I’m in a place where the water doesn’t taste great but is safe to drink, I use one of them to flavor the water so I’m not tempted to spend $7 for a small bottle from the minibar! You can get them at most grocery stores, Target or online at Amazon.com, where they cost less than $0.28 a pack.
I always carry a thermometer just to make sure I’m not running around with a high temperature. If I have a temperature, I know it’s time for me to clear my schedule and rest because I don’t want to get any sicker or get anyone else around me infected.
Sponsored post by Pepto-Bismol
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.