By Caroline Livengood:
My husband Chase and I spent the weekend in Seattle and stayed at the Hotel Alexis in downtown. After only one night we actually discussed how much better life would be if we could just take up residence at the Alexis permanently. I could go on forever about why we loved it, but these are some highlights:
1. The people there are ridiculously friendly. I can be kind of a mess when traveling, and I was pretty sure that at any moment one of my many, many questions was going to elicit the commonly known eye-roll, but that moment never came. I assume these people are made in a factory specifically for this hotel, because I’ve never encountered such helpfulness anywhere else in the world.
2. Everything you need is right there. Did you forget an umbrella? No big deal, they have one hanging in the closet. Maybe you would like to take a bike out to explore the city? Sure, there are a few in the lobby, helmets already hanging on the handlebars. There’s also a notecard in the room detailing everything else they have on hand from aspirin to curling irons. And if you need something they don’t currently have in the hotel, they will be more than happy to go get it for you.
3. The Bookstore Bar in the lobby is an absolute hidden gem. I have to admit, I’m a bit of a foodie snob and normally avoid hotel bars in favor of exploring the city streets to sample more local fare. But this place is one of our top spots from the trip. The clam chowder is AMAZING – seriously, the best we had all weekend. And the ambiance is hard to beat – shelves stocked with classic old books and a bar lined with every variety of whiskey you can imagine.
Hint: Go during happy hour from 4PM – 7PM. They have some great food and drink specials to help save you some money.
4. The rooms are excellent. The decor was a mix of contemporary modern and classic elegance, but at no point did they cut back on comfort over style. Our couch was soft and perfect for laying around while rain fell outside, and even though we were on the corner of two city streets we never heard the traffic below. It would be difficult not to immediately feel at home.
5. The location is perfect for exploring the city. Since we were just a few blocks away from the waterfront, Seattle Aquarium, Pike Place Market, Westlake Center, and the Seattle Art Museum, we could have certainly entertained ourselves just with the attractions that were within walking distance. For the few times that we did venture out, there were ample bus stops near us and we had no problem getting where we needed to go. It would be hard to find a more convenient location.
Obviously, I loved this hotel. Whenever we are able to make a trip back to Seattle, we’ll definitely be giving them a call.
Hotel Alexis: 1007 First Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.