If you’re visiting Chicago, there are tons of hotels to choose from. In fact, according to a recent story in the Chicago Tribune, the Windy City is Home to about 44,000 hotel rooms, which means travelers have lots of options from budget to luxury and everything in between.
I just visited Chicago with my family and we stayed at the Westin Chicago River North. There are lots of reasons to choose this hotel, like its awesome location in the heart of downtown Chicago, its proximity to must-see landmarks like ‘The Bean’ in Millennium Park and shopping on Michigan Avenue and the signature Westin ‘Heavenly’ robes, which really are heavenly (so heavenly in fact, that my husband and I have a matching set at home!)
I love the club lounge access, especially because when you’re traveling with a young child, being able to get food and drinks at your convenience is always a big help. But when we checked into the Westin Chicago River North, we found five really special touches that made this hotel even more appealing. So besides everything above, here are five things to love about the Westin Chicago River North:
1. Peloton Rise and Ride Program
If you love to spin or do Soul Cycle classes, you’ll love that Westin has partnered with Peloton to offer guests bikes in their room. Two rooms at the Westin Chicago River North come equipped with a Peloton bike, ready for you to rise and ride and start your day off feeling great! There are also two bikes in the fitness center. Select Westin’s across the country have Peloton bikes in their fitness centers and only a handful offer them in-room so far. You can check out which Westin locations have Peloton bikes here.
2. Westin Gear Lending
We all know it can be hard to stay fit on the road but Westin helps to make it as easy as possible. You can pack light and leave all your workout gear at home and they’ll provide what you need. Simply call down to their ‘Service Express’ and let them know what you need and what size. Within 15 minutes, freshly laundered workout clothes and shoes by New Balance will be delivered right to your room. So you can hop on that Peloton bike, hit the fitness center or head outside for a run.
3. Lavender Balm
When we walked into our room, we found a small bottle of lavender oil on the nightstand, with a roller ball applicator so that you can apply it to your wrists or temples to help you relax and have a better night’s sleep. That’s the first time I’ve seen that and love it! A small and simple touch that’s totally welcome after a long day of airports, airplanes and Ubers.
4. Eat Well Menu
Westin hotels clearly have a wellness focus and it carries over to their food options as well. Their ‘Eat Well’ menu offers up lots of healthy and nutritious foods so that you can make smart choices while you’re traveling. They have a SuperFoodsRx menu that’s focused on meals that provide powerful nutrients but what I like best is that they’ve even got an ‘Eat Well’ menu for kids that’s developed in partnership with SuperChefs.
5. Customer Service Via Text
A small piece of paper on the nightstand says, ‘Need something? Text us!’ Love that you can text for help, questions and requests instead of having to call down to the front desk. Since so many of us rely on our smartphones as our main method of communication, it’s easy that you can be in touch via text, whether you’re in your room or not.
- Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card Review
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs SPG Amex Card
- Does it Make Sense to Transfer UR Points to Marriott to Starwood
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.