Whether you’re a bona fide oenophile or just a causal drinker who appreciates a fine glass of wine, there’s a Vantage Travel journey that will be just right for you. Many of their cruises and land excursions offer wine tastings, vineyard visits and seasonal grape harvesting, which is perfect for the traveler who wants to learn more about local wines in the regions they’re visiting. Here, we’ve rounded up 5 great Vantage Travel experiences for wine lovers:
The Douro: Portugal’s River of Gold + Spain
If you love Port wine, there’s no better place to enjoy it than in Oporto, it’s birth place. On this cruise, you’ll explore the quaint coastal town of Oporto and learn all about its Port traditions and you’ll have the opportunity to attend a tasting at Grahams Port and Wine Cellars, a local winery that will offer you a wonderful introduction to Port. And while there are plenty of opportunities to sample and savor the delightful wines that comes from one of the most famous wine regions in the world, you can also take part in picking the grapes, attend a wine festival and learn the proper way to open and decant a bottle of vintage Port.
Switzerland and the Heart of the Rhine + Moselle
This cruise will appeal to oenophiles who are interested in learning more about the rich wine traditions that stem from this part of the world. Traveling from one town to another, guests will get to experience the wine culture of the Rhine and Moselle rivers. Stops include Bernkastel, where you’ll get to taste local wines and have lunch at a wine estate and Cochem, where you’ll enjoy a glass of Riesling during a guided tour of Reichsburg Castle. This itinerary also includes a full-day tour along the Alsatian Wine Route where guests will enjoy wine tastings in Colmar and Riquewihr as well as on the ship with the on-board sommelier!
Normandy and the D-Day Beaches
This cruise will appeal to the traveler who’s interested in the relationship between food and wine and who wants to sample many delicious fine wines. On this itinerary, guests will get to try calvados, an apple brandy that’s from the Normandy region and learn more about local traditions surrounding food and drink. You’ll get an introduction to the culture of drinking in France and enjoy a wine-pairing dinner on-board the ship. This itinerary marries food and drink together perfectly, making it a wonderful option for both food- and wine-lovers alike.
Best of Africa: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana & Namibia
The wine industry in South Africa was born in the late 17th century with the arrival of French Huguenots who brought their knowledge of wine with them. Not only is this region of the world well-known for its incredible wines but the landscape of vineyards will take your breath away. Your excursion to Cape Town, will be unforgettable as you travel through this stunning setting and take a 45-minute drive to Franschhoek and Stellenbosch where you’ll enjoy a day of wine tasting and touring the estates.
Australia and New Zealand: An Adventure Down Under
Wine is big in Australia and New Zealand and on this journey, you’ll better understand why. The vintage wines you’ll find here are sure to please and so will the wine region itself, with its spectacular natural beauty. On this itinerary, guests will visit Gibbston’s Winery. You’ll learn all about local wine culture, while sampling some wines of course and take in the dramatic scenery you won’t soon forget.
WIN A RIVER CRUISE Ready to hop on a river cruise? You could win a free deluxe river cruise for you and a friend with a value of up to $10,000! You’ll enjoy the rivers, culture and cuisine of Europe on an unforgettable trip. Click here for full sweepstakes details, terms and conditions. Good luck!
This is a sponsored post but all opinions expressed within are my own.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.