The Rica Ishavshotel was our home for a few days while visiting Tromsø, Norway. Here are my top 7 reasons why you should stay at the Rica Ishavshotel Tromsø.
1. Breakfast fit for an Olympian. Literally.
The breakfast was developed in collaboration with the Norwegian Olympic Team and is designed to give you energy for your day out in the Arctic! Get an energy boost with a pineapple, ginger, and mint God Morgen! shot, indulge in caviar, or make your own yogurt parfait from the yogurt bar.
2. Little personalized touches.
I celebrated my birthday while in Tromsø and was completely blown away when we returned to our room to find a massive fresh fruit basket and birthday card from the hotel!
3. Magnificent views.
Because of the hotel’s unique location on the quay, nearly all rooms have views over the harbor and Ishavskatedralen and Tromsdalen. We had a stunning view looking directly across to the Arctic Cathedral!
4. Heated bathroom floors.
Thoughts of visiting the Arctic might conjure up chills, but the heated bathroom floors kept my feet toasty while getting ready to head out into the cold each day!
5. Aurora wake up calls at your request.
Didn’t see the Aurora on your Northern Lights bus chase or cruise? Stop by Reception on your way up to bed and request an Aurora wake up call. If the Aurora makes an appearance, you won’t miss it!
6. Location, location, location.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of restaurants, cafes, and all the attractions in Tromsø’s center. Many tour operators pick up at Rica Ishavshotel as does the airport Flybussen.
7. Free wi-fi.
It seems it is harder and harder to find hotels that offer free wi-fi these days, so it’s worth mentioning the free wi-fi.
Rica Ishavshotel, room rates vary by season.
About The Author
Jennifer Dombrowski is a training specialist and social media strategist in the field of higher education. Based in Italy with her husband, Tim, they have a passion for travel and love discovering the world. Follow her on twitter @jdomb or on Facebook.
NOTE: This trip was sponsored in part by Visit Tromsø and Visit Norway USA.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.