The Rica Ishavshotel was our home for a few days while visiting Tromsø, Norway. Here are my top 7 reasons why you should stay at the Rica Ishavshotel Tromsø.
1. Breakfast fit for an Olympian. Literally.
The breakfast was developed in collaboration with the Norwegian Olympic Team and is designed to give you energy for your day out in the Arctic! Get an energy boost with a pineapple, ginger and mint God Morgen! shot, indulge in caviar, or make your own yogurt parfait from the yogurt bar.
2. Little personalized touches.
I celebrated my birthday while in Tromsø and was completely blown away when we returned to our room to find a massive fresh fruit basket and birthday card from the hotel!
3. Magnificent views.
Because of the hotel’s unique location on the quay, nearly all rooms have views over the harbor and Ishavskatedralen and Tromsdalen. We had a stunning view looking directly across to the Arctic Cathedral!
4. Heated bathroom floors.
Thoughts of visiting the Arctic might conjure up chills, but the heated bathroom floors kept my feet toasty while getting ready to head out into the cold each day!
5. Aurora wake up calls at your request.
Didn’t see the Aurora on your Northern Lights bus chase or cruise? Stop by Reception on your way up to bed and request an Aurora wake up call. If the Aurora makes an appearance, you won’t miss it!
6. Location, location, location.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of restaurants, cafes, and all the attractions in Tromsø’s center. Many tour operators pick up at Rica Ishavshotel as does the airport Flybussen.
7. Free wi-fi.
It seems it is harder and harder to find hotels that offer free wi-fi these days, so it’s worth mentioning the free wi-fi.
Rica Ishavshotel, room rates vary by season.
About The Author
Jennifer Dombrowski is a training specialist and social media strategist in the field of higher education. Based in Italy with her husband, Tim, they have a passion for travel and love discovering the world. Follow her on twitter @jdomb or on Facebook.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.