As the much maligned shutdown of the U.S. federal government rolls on, here at last is a positive development—and it comes from JetBlue.
The New York-based airline announced today its plan to “Keep Bills Moving” by offering complimentary Even More Speed passes (good for expedited security processing) to all passengers named “Bill” flying out of the three major D.C. airports—Ronald Reagan (DCA), Dulles (IAD) and Baltimore/Washington International (BWI). The offer is redeemable starting today and until October 31, 2013. Passengers booked under the same reservation as people named “Bill” are eligible to receive the free Even More Speed passes as well.
“Whatever our personal politics are, we’d all like to see good legislation moving through Washington,” said Marty St. George, senior vice president marketing and commercial strategy for JetBlue. “JetBlue is doing our part to keep ‘Bills’ moving by offering them an Even More Speed pass through security. And because we’re not picky we’ll take any ‘Bill’—Bill, Billy, William, Willa, Billie—heck, we’ll even offer it to Guillermos and Willems!”
To redeem their free Even More Speed passes, eligibly named flyers are asked to simply present a valid government-issued ID at the check-in desk.
And because it’s interesting, here’s a full list of Senators and U.S. Representatives who could benefit from the promotion:
Bill Nelson (D-FL)
Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
Wm. Lacy Clay (D-MO)
William L. Enyart (D-IL)
Bill Flores (R-TX)
Bill Foster (D-IL)
Bill Huizenga (R-MI)
Bill Johnson (R-OH)
William R. Keating (D-MA)
Billy Long (R-MO)
William L. Owens (D-NY)
Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-NJ)
Bill Posey (R-FL)
Bill Shuster (R-PA)
C. W. Bill Young (R-FL) (not sure about this guy; up to JetBlue)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.