The Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront, in Toronto, Canada, just finished a 3.5 million-dollar renovation in April 2014. As I mentioned earlier, Radisson hotels across North America are undergoing a massive brand refresh in which all hotels will be complete by 2015.
From the hardwood floors in room at the Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront to its rooftop terrace, there’s a lot to like about this newly renovated hotel:
1. Hardwood floors
There’s something fabulous about hardwood floors that opens up the room and allows for easy gazing out onto Lake Ontario. Don’t forget to ask for a harborview room when booking.
2. Oversized showers
The whole bathroom was sleek and modern with that nice oversized shower. I also enjoyed the Radisson RITUALS bath amenities (used at all Radisson hotels). It’s worth noting that I have a small obsession with the RITUALS conditioner Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk. Ahh the smell of cherry blossom!
3. Cocktail & view
From the pool and terrace you can enjoy views of Lake Ontario, the Toronto Islands and the CN Tower, all while you sip on delicious cocktails). And don’t worry: When it gets cold you can still sit inside the Watermark Lounge and enjoy a great view.
4. Yummy food
The hotel’s signature restaurant, the Watermark Restaurant, uses fresh local ingredients like Canadian maple syrup (clearly) and smoked meat from Montreal. I had the roasted honey nut rack of lamb with mint/lamb infusion, basil-mashed potatoes and honey-glazed baby carrots. Chef Romel Griate has some unique combinations on the menu.
5. Location, location!
The hotel is in a good location to easily get to the CN Tower (which I recommend visiting for stunning views of the entire city) and a microbrewery called Steam Whistle. Their signature pilsner has won awards across Canada. When I realized their one and only beer couldn’t be shipped to the US, I thought about making a large purchase but then I got real and thought about my already overstuffed little suitcase.
Tip: If you are into graffiti art, here’s a walking tour for you. Tour guys/Toronto Urban Adventures takes you to the lesser-known spots in Kensington and Chinatown neighborhoods. Jason Kucherawy was a fabulous guide ([email protected]/1.800.691.9320)
Rates at Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront begin at $169 for low season and $249 for peak season. 249 Queens Quay W, Toronto, Ontario; Tel: 416.203.3333.
All photos courtesy of Caitlin Martin.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.