This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
American Airlines and Hyatt Hotels are next in line to tie the knot with an airline and hotel partnership that will benefit loyalty program members on both sides. Elite members in either program will be able to take advantage of special benefits to earn both points and miles on American flights or Hyatt stays.
While there are expected changes to both the AAdvantage program and the World of Hyatt program, this particluar program launch date has not been announced yet. However, it is expected to be later this year when the companies will launch a registration page for travelers to sign up. If you’re a member of either program, it doesn’t hurt to sign up for the other now so that you can earn bonus points and miles.
United and Marriott have a similar program called RewardsPlus, which has been a favorite between travelers because of the reciprocal benefits they receive when doing business with either company. Delta and Starwood had a similar program, but when Marriott and Starwood merged and introduced their new benefits, they ditched the partnership.
American and Hyatt Elite Members Score Big
This new connection between American and Hyatt will benefit top elite members of either program the most. AAdvantage elite travelers now can access World of Hyatt elite status benefits like potential room upgrades and free premium internet. World of Hyatt elite members can take advantage of AAdvantage elite status benefits such as priority boarding, free checked bags, free preferred seats and more.
Set to benefit the most are American Concierge Key members who will automatically be gifted Hyatt’s top Globalist status, which comes with free in-room breakfast and potential suite upgrades.
AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum and Concierge Key members can earn one AAdvantage bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent at qualifying Hyatt properties.
World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members earn one World of Hyatt point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American flights. This means there are a lot of extra points and miles being earned all around just for registering and linking your accounts.
Want More Status? There’s a Special Offer
Many travelers try hard to score elite status, but some don’t realize that they can expedite the process by completing a status match with a competing brand. AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members, or Explorist and Globalist World of Hyatt members can take part in these types of limited time status challenges.
This can be especially important because elite status is necessary to score bonus points and miles.
If you aren’t loyal to American Airlines or World of Hyatt, you may want to check out alternatives that will still earn benefits.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.