One of the most popular pastimes in London is afternoon tea. Most Americans who have never visited England before might be surprised by the Brits’ definition of tea. It’s just not a pot of flavored hot water like I used to think. It’s a scrumptious meal that usually comes in a three-tiered tray and includes finger sandwiches, strawberries and clotted cream and treats. Tip: So you don’t make a fool of yourself (like I used to), be sure to work your way up the tray from the bottom.
Yesterday, I was fortunate to enjoy the ‘Stupendous Afternoon Tea’ at Dial Restaurant & Bar in the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel. It’s just opposite the Cambridge Theatre where Matilda the Musical is playing so it’s geared towards children and they all seemed to love it.
Here’s a link to the menu but the bottom layer comes with four different types of sandwiches (cheddar cheese, cucumber, egg mayonnaise, and honey ham), the middle has a bowl of strawberries, bananas and marshmallows; Devonshire clotted cream and jam, chocolate fondue sauce and four scones. The top layer has brownies, cupcakes and other sweet treats. It’s served daily from 2pm to 5pm and costs 29.50 for adults and 13.75 for children (under 14).
If you want something a little more formal, here’s a list of London’s top afternoon teas — from The Ritz to The Savoy. Tip: Advance reservations and a dress code are usually required, so plan ahead.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.