In an unprecedented time for the travel industry (and just about every industry), Air Canada has unveiled an “industry first” for Canadian members of its free loyalty program: movies and TV that you can stream for free at home. Per Travel Industry Today:
“In what is being called an industry first, Aeroplan members based in Canada can take advantage of the offer through July 22 to view more than 200 titles, which include Canadian and cultural cinema classics presented by Telefilm Canada. There is also a variety of content from such Canadian cultural organizations as the National Film Board of Canada, the imagineNATIVE film festival, Reel Asian film festival and Prends ça Court. In recognition of Pride Month, the carrier is also offering a wide variety of LGBTQ2+ content from OUTtv.”
Through July 22, if you’re based in Canada, you can head to this dedicated page to log into your Aeroplan account, browse and stream for free. If you’re based in Canada but don’t have an Aeroplan account, you can create one for free on the same page.
What if you’re not based in Canada? Are the movies and shows available to stream?
Unfortunately, Air Canada has made this collection of movies and TV shows available to stream only to Aeroplan members based in Canada. If that’s not you (and even if it is), you might consider picking your next movie from this list: Travel Movies to Watch While You Wait to Travel Again
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,738!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.