This week’s airline and airport news:
- American Airlines plans to join United in filling flights to capacity as the number of travelers choosing to fly continues to rise
- Boeing 737 MAX certification flight tests to begin
- How Loyalty Programs Make Money, Courtesy of United
- U.S. Lacked Outbreak Plan for Air Travel That Watchdog Recommended in 2015
- United Airlines Resuming Service Between San Francisco and Shanghai
- Orange County Democrats condemn ‘racist’ comments by John Wayne, call for airport to drop his name
- LAX was a gateway for virus early in pandemic
- Whistleblower: TSA Failed To Protect Staff, Endangered Passengers During Pandemic
- Texas Ranger statue from the main lobby at Dallas Love Field Airport has been removed
- Sacramento International Airport Installs PPE Vending Machines
- Norwegian Air cancels 97 Boeing planes, claims compensation
- Air Canada is indefinitely suspending 30 domestic regional routes and closing its stations at 8 regional airports. The company blames ‘weak demand for both business and leisure travel due to COVID-19 and provincial and federal government imposed restrictions and border closures.’
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.