This week’s airline and airport news:
- I flew on the 4 biggest US airlines during the pandemic to see which is handling it best, and found one blew the rest out of the water
- Delta agent makes custom Elmo mask for special needs flyer
- Woman who claims she has Covid19 attacks 5 (Spirit) airline agents at Orlando Airport (OIA) because she didn’t want to pay the $65 carryon fee
- Boeing Quietly Pulls Plug on the 747, Closing Era of Jumbo Jets
- Alaska Airlines to give maskless passengers warning cards
- El Al cancels all flights until further notice
- American Airlines warns it’s overstaffed by about 8,000 flight attendants
- United Airlines triples the schedule size compared to June 2020 – but still scheduled to only fly 40% of August 2019 levels; United extends change fee waiver for new bookings through July 31
- Airbus is cutting 15,000 jobs because of the pandemic
- Aeromexico files for US bankruptcy, citing ‘unprecedented’ challenges
- CDC director blasts American Airlines for selling full capacity flight
- Porter Airlines extends suspension of all its flights until the end of August
- TSA officers at Hollywood Burbank Airport discover loaded firearm in traveler’s carry-on luggage
- American Airlines says it’s overstaffed by 20,000 employees for fall schedule
- Behind The Curtain Of American AAdvantage Account Shutdowns
- 14 Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants test positive for COVID-19
- New Quebec airline OWG targets sun destinations
- United to lay off up to 36,000 employees
- Delta CEO: Air travel essential to rebuilding economy
- Delta And United Airlines are Bringing Back Alcoholic Beverage Service On Certain Flights
- Air New Zealand puts hold on new flights
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.