My buddy Paul Thompson, whom I recently had on my travel podcast to talk about what it’s like to clean airplanes and de-ice them (he works for a major airline out of Denver airport), tweeted something the other day that I thought would make for a great travel tip. It’s especially helpful for anyone flying out of Denver airport (DEN). Paul tweeted:
“Locked my keys in the car this morning! VERY thankful for the free locksmith service at @DENAirport. They were at my car and had it open within 9 minutes from when I called. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼”
Locked my keys in the car this morning! VERY thankful for the free locksmith service at @DENAirport. They were at my car and had it open within 9 minutes from when I called. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
— Paul Thompson (@FlyingPhotog) July 3, 2020
I then replied to Paul and to @DENAirport, saying, “That’s a great tip! Do other airports offer it? How did you contact them,” to which Denver airport responded with, “You can call (303) 342-4645. This number is listed on our parking page on http://FlyDenver.com as well. We also offer free jump starts, tire inflations and help finding your car if you can’t remember where you parked.”
You can call (303) 342-4645. This number is listed on our parking page on https://t.co/3Z3KXtjdN0 as well. We also offer free jump starts, tire inflations and help finding your car if you can’t remember where you parked.
— Denver Int'l Airport (@DENAirport) July 4, 2020
To back that up, a user named James tweeted, “Also give you a jump start if leave your lights on for a 4 day trip.”
Also give you a jump start if leave your lights on for a 4 day trip.
— James (@zdriver45) July 3, 2020
What a great free service (in fact great services) for an airport to have, eh? From that exchange, I learned that Denver airport offers:
- Free locksmith service
- Free jump starts
- Free tire inflations
- Free help finding your car in a parking lot
Do other airports offer locksmith services like Denver airport does?
What other airports offer free locksmith service? What about other cool airport services? If you know of any, please share them in the comments below!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.